Data Privacy Notice – KingsCare League of Friends
1. What is personal information?
Personal information includes any information about you that allows you to be identified from that information – either by itself or other information already in the Data Controllers possession or likely to come into such possession.
All processing of Personal data is covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR.
2. Who are we?
KingsCare League of Friends (registered CIO no: 1174450) is the DATA CONTROLLER – contact details below. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purpose.
3. How do we process your personal data?
KingsCare League of Friends complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal information for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide voluntary services for the benefit of the public in the area as specified in our constitution
- To administer our charity membership records and communicate with members as required.
- To manage our employees and volunteers
- To maintain our own accounts and records
4. What is the lawful basis for processing your personal information?
Processing of information is necessary for:
- carrying out our obligations relating to provision of services to our service users
- Volunteer management
- Employment law
- Charity commission requirements
Depending on the nature of your association with KingsCare League of Friends, how we process your personal information is covered by one or more of the specified lawful reasons for doing so including Legitimate interests, Contractual and Consent.
5. Sharing your personal information
Your personal information will be treated as strictly confidential and will NOT be shared with third parties out of the organisation expect with your consent, unless there is a legal or contractual obligation to do so, or an over-riding concern related to your safety or wellbeing.
6. How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep information relating to clients, staff and volunteers for a period of three years or if we feel appropriate to our organisational requirements.
7. Your rights and your personal information
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information: –
- Right to be informed – individuals should be informed of how your information is collected, stored and processed in a clear accessible way
- Right of Access – the right to request a copy of your personal data which KingsCare League of Friends holds
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that KingsCare League of Friends corrects any personal information if it found to be inaccurate or out of Right to request
- Right to Erasure – also known as “the right to be forgotten” – this permits individuals to request deletion of their data.
- Right to Restrict Processing – individuals can request a halt on processing if they object to accuracy or purpose. Data can still be held until resolved.
- Right to Information portability – individuals can request their information in a suitable digital format, sent either directly to them or to a third party
- Right to Object – individuals can in certain cases object to the processing of their information e.g. in direct marketing
- Right in relation to automated decision making – individuals can object to potentially damaging decisions being taken against them based only on automated data processing
See individual KingsCare League of Friends Policies for each of the above
8. Further Processing
If KingsCare League of Friends wish to use your personal data for a new process not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then they will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, KingsCare League of Friends will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, in the first instance, please contact KingsCare League of Friends on the address below: